Pages

Thursday, March 13, 2014

So! Round 1!

Sitting in the chemo unit at the cancer center; just got an injection of (what I hope to be) well-trained white blood cells that will go after whatever bits of cancerous tissue we didn't either get with surgery or the chemo and radiation.  Interesting.

I don't know if I'm in the placebo control or the experimental group.  I hope I'm in the latter.  Immunotherapy holds a great deal of promise for dealing with cancer that can't be gotten at with surgery (what I have that is left is likely scattered around and hard to get at surgically).

So, here's to successful clinical trials!  I expect to be cancer-free very soon.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Marc,

    How long do the clinical trials last? And when will you find out if you are in the experimental or control group? How many other people are in the study?

    How do they make the white blood cells well trained? Would they be your well-trained blood cells.

    I hope you're in the experimental group too...

    -Ginny

    ReplyDelete