Pages

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Crappy Day.

Crappy day.

Friday the dispensary was supposed to send me 14 capsules that would get me through the end of this phase of treatment, but the dispensary sent 4, which means I will run out Saturday.  I've spoken to everyone from the FBI to the FDA to the Indiana AGs office to try to get some resolution to this.  It was very trying.  They were supposed to have sent 10 to me today, but did not.

So.  Pisser.  I may have to buy two or three out of pocket (at a cost of about a thousand bucks a pill) to get me over the hump.  It's really expensive medicine.  But if I can get just a few, my insurance may cover it all because I think I've pretty much satisfied by copay and coinsurance for this year.  And some people have been donating a little money to help us, so that would be cool.  And if we need to, I'll call beheadstrong -- I'm sure they would help.

But what  a pain in the ass it was to spend the whole day on hold or on the phone with people who didn't or couldn't do anything for me.  Pretty shitty.

But the team at KU Med is on it, our insurance company is pissed beyond measure, so it seems that we'll get it resolved.  But as one of the nurses said, "You don't need to be dealing with things like this right now."  No kidding.

So, a weird day of being totally consumed with disease, but on the other hand, it was a distraction from the cancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment