Pages

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Death and dying.

So, there it is, just hanging out there.  This kind of cancer gives you a year, if it's feeling generous.  3 Months if not.  I think with my treatments and the complete resection of the tumor, I'm looking at a year.

So, what do you do with your last year?  I intend to be on my bike every day this summer, heat or not.  I intend on writing.  I intend to be as present to Erin as I can be and not make our lives about cancer.  The cancer will have its day; it can wait.

I intend to have this be a bridge to reach out to some of my estranged family members.  I love and miss them so, and do not tell them that enough.

I think I want to do a last lecture.  It'll be feeble compared to Pausch's, but I think I would like to do it.  So many people have made me who I am.  I need to acknowledge them and what they did for me.

So.  I have some work cut out for me.  And no procrastinating -- at all, anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment