Pages

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Oh. Other thing...

So, other thing that I've been thinking about is the fact that my radiation oncologist recommended that I "make a list of the things I might want to get done this year."

I think it was a gentle way of asking me to make a bucket list.

And you know, there just aren't that many things that I haven't done that I really really want to do.

Fly an airplane?
Swim in the ocean one more time?
Go back to Europe once more?
Climb a 14-er?
Go for an extended bike ride on a trail, with overnight stops (maybe do part of the Katy trail)?
Maybe play golf once more?
Do some fun shit in New York?

I reckon there are a few things, but most are things that I've done and would like to do once more, not things that I've never done.

That suggests to me that I've been pretty damned lucky to have gotten to do so many things already.  Lived in the Dominican Republic.  Camped around Mexico for a couple months.  Lived in so many cool places, from Southern California to New York (Brooklyn, anyway).

So, the fact that I am having a hard time making a lengthy list is probably a good sign that something has gone right for me.  I started out sort of tense and painful, but things settled down when I became a teenager, and I had a good 40-odd-year run.

That's not bad, considering that most people, before the 20-th century, didn't live more than 40 years.

I have a short list.  That's a cool thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment