Pages

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Identities change

So I'm a little preoccupied right now with the fact that the most important part of my self-identity (college teacher) is likely gone.  No way can I juggle all the responsibilities of a full-time tenured prof and department chair anymore.  Brain just won't do it.  Treacherous bastard.

So, who shall I be?  Shall I try other ways to teach?  Shall I write? Shall I try to pick up an adjunct class from time to time?  Shall I sit in the park and talk about how our sensory systems work?

This is interesting to me.  I'm at a place in my life where i very literally have to re-invent myself.  I don't know how to do that other than to do something different.

We shall see.

And I have a really short window to do it in.  Like a year, if I'm lucky.

Wish me luck!  I have more in me to give.  I just need time to figure out how, and then some more time to do the giving.

No comments:

Post a Comment