Pages

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Nothing exciting...

Just sitting here thinking.  Tomorrow I'm going to get up and go with a friend to "celebrate" her last dose of radiation.  She and I carpooled for about a month, and it was sort of cool to have a friend going along with the same things I was going through.

I had my last one a little while ago (10 days?), and tomorrow is her last.  So I thought it would be fun just to go with her, say hey to the wonderful staff at the Cancer Center, and like that.

For me the end of radiation is not the end of treatments.  I get a new scan on March 6, and it will show us what's left of this cancer.  I expect a lot.  But they can put me on a maintenance schedule of chemotherapy that can go long-term (thank goodness they have specialty-pharmacy connections!) and I hope keep this stuff in check for a few years.

Earlier today I was thinking a little about the end and when it will come.  I just hope it comes in the summer or late Spring.  I do not want to be cold.  I want to be warm, snug, and not shivering.  I have been so cold since all this started (our really cold weather more or less coincides with our discovery of the cancer and the start of all the medical stuff), I'm just determined that however this plays out, I'm holding out for warm weather.

If I could have an ideal way to go, it would be in a lounger in the sun, and just go to sleep with the sun making my eyelids pink.  That would be warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment